mailwizz failing with VestaCP and MariaDb in Centos 7

I recently had a frustrating problem where I couldn’t upload files into MailWizz host.  This also causes problems with command line CSV imports. I discovered I had to open up /etc/my.cnf and edit the following line to

max_allowed_packet = 110M

then in /etc/php.ini I changed the following two lines
post_max_size = 200M
upload_max_filesize = 500M

then execute

service mariadb restart

Under settings, import/export on the backend I set CLI Import Enabled to Yes and Url Import Enabled to Yes.

 

 

 

Watch out for IPTables and order of execution of rules

I recently need to block Barracuda network ips from accessing my mail server, MailWizz. I did the typical

iptables -A INPUT -s 64.235.144.0/20 -j DROP

iptables -A INPUT -s 209.222.80.0/21 -j DROP

iptables -A INPUT -s 35.176.92.96/27 -j DROP

iptables -A INPUT -s 35.157.190.224/27 -j DROP

iptables -A INPUT -s 5.188.211.0/24 -j DROP

iptables -A INPUT -s 204.101.161.159 -j DROP

iptables -A INPUT -s 207.102.138.158 -j DROP

then

service iptables save

service iptables end

the problem with this setup is that those rules end up getting appended to the end and never get blocked. It’s better to go into the iptables directly. ON Centos 7, that is located in /etc/sysconfig/iptables. I added these lines directly before any of the rules were executed.

-A INPUT -s 64.235.144.0/20 -j DROP
-A INPUT -s 209.222.80.0/21 -j DROP
-A INPUT -s 35.176.92.96/27 -j DROP
-A INPUT -s 35.157.190.224/27 -j DROP
-A INPUT -s 5.188.211.0/24 -j DROP
-A INPUT -s 204.101.161.159/32 -j DROP
-A INPUT -s 207.102.138.158/32 -j DROP

I’m also putting in a post on how to block Amazon Bots.  However you’ll need to redo the above after running these commands in Centos 7

yum install git

git clone https://github.com/corbanworks/aws-blocker.git

yum install jq

cd aws-blocker

bash aws-blocker

iptables-save | sudo tee /etc/sysconfig/iptables

service iptables save

service iptables restart

Then add the above manually and you’ll have both AWS and Barracuda blocked.

VisualChron Fails SSIS Task

I recently had a project with SQL Server 2014 utilizing the Visual Studio 2015 shell for a Sql Server Integration Project. I tried to run the SSIS task in Visual Chron and kept getting errors. After exhaustive research I discovered that I had to make sure to go into the project properties and choose SQL Server 2014 as your TargetServerVersion. Once I did this and recompiled one of my scripts, it worked.